Privacy & cookies policy
CharityComms is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What information we collect
You may at times be asked to supply personal information (anything that enables us to identify you in some way, such as your name and email address) via the CharityComms website in order to use or register for services. The type and amount of information we collect depends on how you use the website. We collect three types of information:
- Anonymous data that is automatically collected from all visitors.
- Personal data that visitors voluntarily submit so that we can provide you with a service.
- Financial data that visitors voluntarily submit to pay a membership fee or book a place at one of our events.
If you supply such information, we will ensure that such information is only used for the purpose for which it was requested and also ensure that the data is held securely.
Cookies and anonymous data
We may collect and record information in order for us to understand more about how our site is used and in turn to make sure that the site reflects your needs. To do this we may send cookies to your PC. A cookie is a small file that contains information that allows us to recognise that you have used the site before, but will not contain any personal data.
- In Internet Explorer, click on Tools, click on Settings, click on the Privacy tab and then use the slider bar to choose the level of privacy you want.
- In Firefox, click on Tools, click on Options, click on Privacy, click on the Cookies tab and choose your level of privacy.
We only collect personal information (name, address, email etc) when you complete one of the following:
- Subscribe to our monthly enewsletter.
- Join or renew membership with CharityComms.
- Book a place at a CharityComms event.
- Contact us to receive information.
All information you provide to us is held securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
In order to process Direct Debit or Credit Card transactions we will ask for your card details. In order to do this you will be directed to a secure area of our site. To ensure the maximum level of security is applied to your data, all transmissions over the internet to and from this area are encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
Credit card and bank detail information is not retained on our web servers, but is transferred to our secure internal databases (for the purpose of collecting and recording payments).
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- To provide the services requested, as well as information related to those services.
- Marketing, promotions, notification of events, workshops and training sessions run by CharityComms and occasionally selected partners (within our own communications).
- To improve our understanding of how our site is used.
How we store your personal data
CharityComms does not rent or sell mailing details to any third party.
The CharityComms website includes links to other sites, not owned or managed by CharityComms. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of data collected by websites not managed by CharityComms.