Are you looking for a template to help plan next year’s communications?
We’ve looked at what other charities are using, and came up with a basic template for you to adapt.
Tips for using this template
- Add a column to indicate how many hours each task will take, or remove the task owner column if that’s not needed
- Use different colours and a key to indicate different types of task, or write names of task owners within the weeks where the task is due
- Make a shorter term comms plan by switching out quarters for weeks and weeks for days
- Read Katie Randerson’s advice on Forward planning: the air traffic control of comms
- See how Sustrans and Friends of the Earth plan their comms in the slides from our Effective comms planning seminar
- We’re eager to keep improving the quality of our resources, so if you have any feedback on the template, please let us know in the comments below.
This template was created by Kellie Smith. Thanks to LandAid, the TUC and SEPA, all of whom submitted their comms planners to help us come up with this template.
Most importantly, thanks to all our members for making this possible. We’re only able to offer this template for free because of the support of our members. If you’d like to see more template documents like this, and benefit from free events, peer support and knowledge sharing, get in touch with Sarah to find out more about becoming a CharityComms member.
Help us make more template documents
We’re expanding the range of documents we have available and we need your help to create more. If you have ideas for other templates we might create, please let us know in the comments below or email Christine with your ideas. Even better, send us examples of the documents you use, so we can create a template version for everyone.