Director of communications
This role is responsible for the management and creative leadership of the brand. The director is a member of the management team responsible for the overall strategic direction and success of our work.
The director is responsible for brand projection — developing resources and systems to spread the good news of our work – and brand protection – counselling on and implementing strategies to preserve the integrity of our logo and name.
This work involves addressing a range of internal and external audiences including existing and potential donors, staff and supporters as well as wider audiences.
- Counsel and support the management team as it pursues its goals. This includes advice on creating and implementing communications strategies and campaigns for brand-building, media relations, special events, fundraising, appropriate technology, volunteer mobilisation, advocacy, crisis communications; and the provision of consistent communications messages and materials to support these responsibilities.
- The director may act as public spokesperson
- Devising roll-out strategies; liaising and sharing with peers in other regions; and coordinating and collaborating with the HQ communications team on global strategies and initiatives.
- Create and update key information and clear and consistent messages about our work
- Lead and direct the compilation, writing, editing, design, production and distribution of printed, audio-visual, digital materials. This includes speeches and presentations and executive materials for international board members.
- Counsel and support the national organisations as they create their materials; contribute to global materials, and adapt and share global materials.
- Lead and direct communications office staff; devise protocols, assign responsibilities and assess performance against agreed criteria
- Operate the team and communications needs within budgets agreed by senior management team.