How social change is happening today: key trends shaping UK campaigning
This venue is wheelchair accessible.
Live broadcast: CharityComms members can join us virtually for free. Scroll to the bottom for more information.
Human Rights Action Centre - Amnesty International UK
17-25 New Inn Yard
It goes without saying that campaigning is a key area of work for many charities in the UK. But with the current, dramatic and ever-shifting political backdrop, you can be forgiven for missing a few of the other trends affecting campaigning today. This seminar will delve into some of the key political, legal, economic and social trends influencing the way change is happening today. We’ll hear from some of the leading lights in the sector to help prepare you for the year ahead.
Topics we’ll explore may include:
- How the Lobbying Act is affecting voluntary sector campaigning
- What can we learn from organic movements and grassroots activism?
- Claiming the impact of advocacy – the latest on monitoring and evaluation
- Learnings from the digitally driven activism lighting up political campaigning
- Coalitions today: what role can different sorts of organisations play in the social change eco-system?
Who is this for?
This seminar is for anyone with an interest in campaigning. It will suit all budgets.
Live broadcast – book your place
If you’re a CharityComms member you can join this seminar virtually via our private Periscope broadcast. Perfect for members based outside of London or for those who can’t get away from the office. To watch the live broadcast, please book your place. Once you’ve booked your place you’ll receive a booking confirmation email with further information about the live broadcast and what you need to do.