If you’re a CharityComms member you can book onto this series using the ‘Attend Event’ above.
If you’re not a member of CharityComms, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place and arrange payment.
As communicators, it’s our responsibility to craft campaigns and tell stories in ways that drive long-term change: transforming public opinion and winning hearts and minds. We all want our communications to make a difference. But are our campaigns really shifting the dial on the issues that matter most?
CharityComms is delighted to partner once again with Heard to give you the tools to change the narrative via Heard’s ‘Communication That Works’ workshop series. In this dynamic workshop series, you’ll:
- Understand framing and narrative change, and how they shift the dial on issues
- Know what works to ‘change the narrative’
- Feel confident and excited about applying these insights to your communications work
- Be poised to share the importance of this work with your colleagues
- Experience inspiring real-world examples of where communications have driven change
- Learn the three ‘golden rules’ of communicating for change
- Meet new connections who share your interest in changing the narrative
You’ll leave the training feeling more able to have a positive, practical long-term impact with your comms work.
Who it’s for
The course is for people who are interested in how communications affects change, and you don’t need to have ‘communications’ in your job title to join. Heard has designed the course to fit alongside a busy day job – no matter where you are on your comms journey.
How learning takes place
The training will take place via online learning modules and three online workshops. You’ll be part of the same small group to share insights and build connections.
- Three online workshops: bringing the learning to life with other members of your group.
- Learn at your own pace over several weeks: watching 2-5 minute videos and completing exercises in the learning platform. In total, we expect the self-led learning aspect to take around six hours.
- Optional further learning resources.
When and how will the training take place?
This course covers a lot of ground, yet it is designed to be digestible and accessible learning that will fit around your busy workload.
The workshops will take place online and you need to be available on these dates and times:
- Intro session (1hr): 1 February 2024 from 12:30 – 13:30
- Middle session (1.5 hours): 27 February 2024 from 12:30 – 14:00
- Final session (2 hours): 14 March 2024 from 12:30 – 14:30
Each workshop lasts just 1-2 hours.
Not a midday person? The workshop is also available for morning participants.
If you book onto a block of sessions, you can only attend during those times (morning or midday). We’re not able to move delegates between times as you need to be in the same group throughout the series.
This course is right for you if…
- You want to use communications to create change
- You are available for the course dates
- You’re working on external comms (we don’t require people to have ‘communications’ in their title)
What previous delegates said about this learning and workshop series
This workshop builds on the trial we ran with Heard in 2023, and this is what our delegates said about the workshop series:
- “Easily the best course on comms I’ve been to in my career. This was helpful, practical, specific. Everyone working on comms for a charity absolutely needs this, this is so key…it’s not optional.”
- “Full of thoughtful, personal touches that I’ve not come across before.”
- “I’ve already recommended the course to my manager – our whole organisation should be doing this!”