Communicating with purpose: audience-centred engagement strategies for charities
Corporate Partners £231 +VAT
Small charity non-members £206 +VAT
Medium charity non-members £256 +VAT
Large charity non-members £291 +VAT
Super large charity non-members £321 +VAT
Corporate and public sector non-members £410+VAT
etc venues Prospero House
241 Borough High Street
It’s painful to admit this, but our voice, as a sector, is less powerful than it once was. All too quickly the ‘charity’ conversation can turn to safeguarding failures, dodgy fundraising practices and the like.
Even if these narratives are distorted, they ensure a difficult environment in which to engage, inspire and influence our audiences. It’s in this context that the external engagement function is evermore imperative for every charity.
But without a strategy or organising framework, you’re less likely to reach the
Throughout this training day, we’ll be delving into how you can develop your organisation’s engagement strategy. Topics we’ll be covering include:
- The bigger picture: explore operating environments, potential obstacles, competitors and future engagement trends
- Asserting strategic role of external engagement: advice for building the support of your colleagues and getting buy in at all levels
- Busting internal silos: working better together to strengthen engagement
- Organisational purpose: understand how to produce purpose statements with space to apply this to your own charity
- Audience development: how to find, understand and build rewarding, reciprocal relationships
- Brand positioning: understand what aspects of your approach and values will help audiences choose you
- Framework: take away a model to help your organisation build a winning engagement strategy
- Be inspired: hear the inside story behind the charities that are succeeding in this area
Who is this event for?
Directors, heads of department and senior managers of communications, engagement, marketing, fundraising, PR and brand who are looking to develop or revamp their existing engagement strategies.
Calling all charity speakers!
Interested in sharing the great work your charity is doing? Please email Emma with your 100-word pitch outlining what your session would cover and why you think it would be useful (charities only please).
Are you an agency interested in presenting?
We have a handful of speaking slot and stand packages available which include a breakout session speaking slot, along with lots of other benefits. If you’re interested in exhibiting but don’t fancy presenting, we also have stand packages on offer. Please get in touch with Vanessa for more information.