Exploring the opportunities for campaigning under a new reality
These events are for heads of campaigns and campaign leads only as we will be discussing strategic issues.
With this meeting taking place just four weeks after the unexpected general election results, we thought it’d be a great chance for you to meet your fellow campaign leads to share what you and your charity are thinking and planning following the results, and how you’re rising to the potential challenges and approaching the potential opportunities they bring.
Kicking off the event, Jon Quinn, CEO of Rica will share his thoughts about the new government and what it means for campaigning in the charity sector.
We’ll then break into group discussions to explore this topic in depth. Questions to consider:
- How does change happen? Does it need to come from the House of Commons? Who are the political or non-political targets for charities to engage?
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities of this new political environment. What does it mean for charity campaigning?
- Charities are often campaigning against Conservative policies. What will work to influence a Conservative government in terms of:
- Strategy/theory of change
- A majority of charity staff come from the liberal left. Following Brexit and the election of another Conservative government, how can we ensure we’re not stuck in a bubble? And how does this affect charity campaigning? Should the traditional campaigning via left-leading philosophy be restructured to better influence?
- Who is the best carrier of the campaign messages – is it charities? Or are there other influencers and new allies in a better position to be heard and influential in pushing a progressive agenda?
Exclusively for: heads of campaigns working in UK charities and not-for-profits with a turnover of more than £2 million (CharityComms charity members only)
About the Campaign Network
The Campaign Network is a joint initiative from CharityComms and the Social Change Agency looking to address a gap for heads of campaigns and campaign leads in UK charities for strategic development, campaign sector development and professional development.
The Network provides an opportunity for campaign peers to meet to discuss important issues at a strategic level, in order to raise the standard around campaigning. The format of the afternoon is faciliator-led discussions, feeding into the group as a whole.
To be added to the Campaign Network mailing list or if you’re interested in sponsoring this group, please contact Vanessa Weddell.