Getting ahead in your comms career
Corporate Partners: £225+vat
Small charity (income up to £1m) and freelancers: £200+vat
Medium charity (income £1-5m): £250+vat
Large charity (income £5m - 10m): £285+vat
Super large charity (income £10m+): £315+vat
Corporate/Public sector: £400+vat
This venue is wheelchair accessible.
etc. venues Prospero House
241 Borough High Street
We all know the importance of professional development, right? Nothing stands still for long and change is happening all around us – so it’s important to keep developing our skills and knowledge, particularly if you want to take the next step in your comms career.
In this special career development training conference for comms officers and early managers, we’ll help you develop the personal and professional skills you will need for a successful career journey.
There will also be an opportunity to reflect on your own strengths and weaknesses and to plan for the next steps in your career in charity communications.
This event will offer streams so that you can tailor your day to suit your career path. Streams will include skills development in the following areas: leadership, comms, personal and professional.
On the agenda:
- Developing a growth mindset for success
- Improving your line management skills
- Building your sector profile
- Developing your role when there’s no obvious ‘next step’
- Tools for driving efficiency and increasing productivity
- Hear how others have got to their positions and advice for planning your next steps
- Developing influencer skills and building your credibility
- Make the most of your day: techniques for optimising and planning your day
- How to network and make the most of your contacts
- Evidencing your impact and your own ROI
- Top tips for taking charge of your own professional development
- How to develop more strategic thinking
- Handling difficult people and situations
Refreshments and snacks will be provided during the breaks and there’ll be a two-course networking lunch.
Who is this for?
This event is for comms officers and early managers looking to develop key professional skills and knowledge. It will also help you to develop your personal skills and offer advice for taking the next step in your comms career.
Calling all potential speakers
Could you share your experience or offer training to officers and early managers? Please email Emma Wickenden with your 100-word pitch outlining what your session would cover and why you think it would be useful (charities only please).
Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this event? We have three types of promotional packages available: sponsorship; speaking slot and stand packages, and stand only packages. Please get in touch with Harriet Smith for more information.