Hack Yourself: modern leadership for communicators
Cost: £295+vat including lunch
There are 12 of 20 places available.
Roots and Shoots
Walnut Tree Walk
A transformative, one-day leadership course that focuses on helping you understand your true leadership potential, and how to bring it to life in a modern world.
Born from the successful book, Hack Yourself, this unique course is delivered by the author and founder of Hack Yourself, Jack Lowman alongside experienced coach, Mark Harris.
Jack and Mark will use hacking mentality and techniques to help you build your leadership capabilities. Get ready to step into your true leadership power, fast.
Who is the training suitable for?
It is perfect for senior-level communications professionals looking to step into leadership or enhance their leadership impact.
The day is exclusively for CharityComms members who are heads of department/assistant directors (or equivalent) at a charity or not-for-profit.
There are 12 of 20 places available.
What will delegates learn?
The collaborative day will ensure you work towards:
- being the best version of yourself, constantly
- having a better awareness of your strengths, purpose, vision and values
- becoming a cross-functional leader, rather than just an expert in your specialism
- having the confidence and desire to create the change needed to push yourself and your organisation forward
Here’s how previous delegates summed up their experience in three words:
“Inspiring, practical, fun” | “Motivating, challenging, enjoyable” | “Visionary, necessary, thought-provoking“
Outline for the day:
Running over one full day, the course takes you through a series of self-development ‘sprints’ that enable you to identify and understand your value as a leader and create a practical plan of how to unlock your potential.
The days covers four areas:
Sprint 1: understanding your leadership
- Managing your time
- Your values, purpose and vision and how they impact your work and life
- You’ll be guided through self-analysis by a professional business coach, giving you access to expert advice
Sprint 2: communication
- How to communicate and apply yourself at work in a compelling way
- Hacking your bad habits
- How to ‘test and learn’ with leadership
- Your online presence and why it matters
Sprint 3: Collaboration
- Make plans to enable others to supercharge you
- Identify who you need in your network
Sprint 4: Ongoing hacking duties
- Learn simple techniques that will help you to continually improve your impact
About the trainers
Jack Lowman, founder and author of Hack Yourself
Jack is deputy director of marketing for the UK’s leading youth charity, The Prince’s Trust, and founder and author of the training company and book, Hack Yourself.
At The Prince’s Trust, Jack leads the marketing and digital department whose responsibilities are UK-wide and include brand management, advertising and digital communications. He is also a trustee for The Graeme Robertson Trust that helps young people into creative industries, and mentors for Google and the DMA.
Jack’s company, Hack Yourself, uses hacking mentality and techniques to help individuals and teams reach peak performance.
Mark Harris, director, The Marketing Centre
Mark has over twenty years’ experience as a commercial product and marketing director working with start-ups to reputable brands such as O2 and EDF Energy.
After experiencing the entrepreneurial energy of start-ups, he decided to establish his own coaching business where he could share his extensive skills with business owners and teams.
Mark’s coaching is based on what he actively practices for UK and International clients as a part-time marketing director at The Marketing Centre. He is also an executive coach for the Marketing Academy – how he met Jack – where he is lucky enough to coach the brightest young marketing talent in the country.
Mark works with business owners, leaders and teams to help them to reach their potential.