Heads of Digital: In-house vs agencies
66 Portland Place
Most charities now have an internal digital function, ranging from large dedicated teams, to devolved digital capabilities and blended job functions, to smaller teams that rely heavily on outside service providers.
With this internal expertise and resource growing and changing, what is the role of the agency now and in the future? Our first Heads of Digital event of 2016 will explore how charities and agencies intersect. We'll be discussing the following:
Why do you use agencies?
- Do you use them for specialisms? Or discrete projects and campaigns?
- What are the merits of one agency vs many?
- Would you like to dispose of agencies altogether and do everything in-house?
How do you work with agencies?
- Do you make up joint teams, or keep a firm client/agency divide?
- Is the process agile and fluid, fully planned out and linear, or a mix?
- Which side leads the project management?
If you'd like to attend this event please email Harriet Smith.
About the Heads of Digital
This networking group is exclusively for heads of digital working in UK charities and not-for-profits with a turnover of more than £5 million.
The format of the evening is a round-table discussion, led by our excellent facilitators, feeding into the group as a whole. The discussion topic for this session will be confirmed early 2016.
The group meets three times a year to discuss strategic issues facing digital leads at large charities. The group is designed to encourage networking and peer-to-peer support, sharing issues in a 'safe' and relaxed environment. These events are for heads of digital only as we will be discussing strategic issues.
If you'd like to be one of the first to hear about these events please contact Harriet Smith to be added to the Heads of Digital mailing list.