Embedding digital into the working culture – working with HR and development teams
These events are for heads of digital as we will be discussing strategic issues
Working with HR/development teams to embed digital into the working culture of your organisation is no small task. Does your HR team understand the breadth of digital that is required within a modern, digital-first charity? And how do you help them understand and roll out the change that is needed?
The next Heads of Digital event will aim to answer a number of questions around this topic by attendees contributing insights and learnings from their own organisations.
Questions to consider:
- Do your HR team know enough about why this is important? How can you educate them?
- How do you/would you work with HR to help other teams, outside of digital, understand why you want to make changes to existing applicant specification or processes?
- Which digital skills should be treated as specialist and which ones should be expected of all employees?
- Do you have a digital skills matrix, and what does it consist of?
- Does ‘digital’ get interchanged with ‘basic IT’ when talking about skills in your organisation?
- Does it matter?! Will we automatically see applicants in future who have broader digital skills anyway, due to results of past employer digital transformation-style work?
- How can we shift attitudes to market-rate pay and adjust pay structures to accommodate this? (Particularly relevant to those who employ product, UX and dev in-house)
Exclusive to heads of digital working in UK charities and not-for-profits with a turnover of more than £2 million (CharityComms charity members only)
About the Heads of Digital group
This networking group is exclusively for heads of digital working in UK charities and not-for-profits with a turnover of more than £2 million.
The format of the evening is a round-table discussion, led by our excellent facilitators, feeding into the group as a whole.
The group meets three times a year to discuss strategic issues facing digital leads at large charities. The group is designed to encourage networking and peer-to-peer support, sharing issues in a ‘safe’ and relaxed environment.
If you’d like to be one of the first to hear about these events please contact Harriet Smith to be added to the Heads of Digital mailing list.
About Addition by WPN>Chameleon
Addition by WPN>Chameleon sponsors the CharityComms Heads of Digital group. A digital product studio with an emphasis on collaboration, at Addition we believe that by combining our skills, imagination, creativity, knowledge, rigour and commitment with yours, together we can make digital products that drive income, reach audiences, tell stories and change minds. They are products that make a difference.