Heads of Digital: the digital delivery of services
This networking group is exclusively for heads of digital working in UK charities and not-for-profits with a turnover of more than £10 million.
Booking: if you'd like to attend this event please email Harri to book your place.
The format of the evening is a round-table discussion, led by our excellent facilitators, feeding into the group as a whole.
With internet connectivity and technology use now prevalent across all strata of society, all ages and cultural backgrounds, the opportunities for charities to deliver services digitally has never been greater. But the options for how to do this are many, and there are obvious challenges for digital teams working with often more traditional parts of their organisations.
This evening will look at the two sides of that coin – how you define and shape a digital service, and how to deliver them effectively…
Shaping digital services
- How developed is the idea for a digital service when it reaches the digital team? Is the medium prescribed or up for discussion?
- How do you include your audience and their context of use in the design of new digital services?
- How do you measure the value being added by supplying a particular service?
Delivering across the organisation
- How do internal stakeholders work with the digital team and third parties to commission and deliver digital services? What ways of working lend themselves to effective collaboration?
- How do you manage any clash of cultures, remit and accountability?
- How do you balance digital product design methodologies, often agile, iterative and prone to pivoting from the initial idea, with the expectation of project sponsors to know what the finished product will be at the outset?
If you wish to attend this event or if you'd like to be added to the Heads of Digital mailing list please contact Harriet Smith.