Buzz topics come and go. But some themes linger without resolution. Integration is one such perennial issue for charities.
When charities are organised, and objectives set in vertical silos, instead of horizontal streams, it’s not hard to see why integration remains difficult to achieve. Meanwhile, people increasingly want meaningful interactions with organisations – it’s no longer enough to develop communications around internal labels such as donor or beneficiary.
In this seminar, we explored the different elements that both encourage and prevent integrated ways of working and thinking. We also received advice on how we can work together to provide better audience experiences.
- Guide: One voice: a Best Practice Guide to integrated communications
- Article: Audience insight on a budget – what three charities have learnt by Sarah Fitzgerald, director, Self Communications
Article: Common Purpose: getting everyone behind NCT’s new strategy for growth by Sam Grimstone, executive director of communications and development, NCT
- Article: Connecting communicators: lessons from the WaterAid global comms meet by Molly Clarke, former digital content officer, CharityComms
- Article: Building a successful supporter journey programme by Cate Kirkbride, head of brand marketing, Shelter
Panel discussion: Integration – what is it and (why) do we need it? – Hilary Cross, marketing and strategy consultant, David Pearce, director of fundraising and marketing, Dignity in Dying, Paul Vanags, director of fundraising, War Child UK and Sarah Tite, director fundraising and communications, MHF
- Video recording: Watch the video recording of the panel discussion (exclusive to CharityComms members, please contact our events team for the password).
Integrating cultures and teams: developing a clear marketing and comms vision that inspires collaborative working – Hilary Cross, marketing and strategy consultant
- Video recording: Watch the video of Hilary’s presentation (exclusive to CharityComms members, please contact our events team for the password).
How welcome projects can break down silos and enrich user experience – Claire Donner, strategy consultant and director, more onion
- Video recording: Watch the video of Claire’s presentation (exclusive to CharityComms members, please contact our events team for the password).
Integrated campaigns at the BHF: connecting social, digital, content and PR – Andrew Webster, head of media, British Heart Foundation