This networking group is for CharityComms members working as internal communications leads in UK charities and not-for-profits.
Members will be given the opportunity to meet their peers, compare notes on workplace practices and share successes, ideas, challenges and inspiration. The group is designed to encourage networking and peer-to-peer support, sharing issues in a ‘safe’ and relaxed environment. These events are for internal comms leads only as we will be discussing strategic issues.
Topic: building communications capacity in leaders and managers
Questions to consider:
- How do you build relationships with senior leadership in your organisation? And, how do you give honest feedback to managers and leaders about their communications skills?
- How much value do your leaders/managers place on communication skills? What challenges do you have in gaining engagement from leadership to prioritise staff communication?
- What are staff perceptions of how well leaders/managers in your organisation communicate? And how does this affect staff engagement and motivation? What have you done to improve/change it?
- Is your leadership team seen as a ‘team’? How well do they ‘sing from the same hymn sheet?
- What techniques/tools do you use/have you used that build leadership communication skills?
- What are your experiences of the effectiveness of formal ‘cascades’ of information vs. large staff events vs. tapping into peer to peer networks in delivering impact and consistency with communication?
If you’d like to be one of the first to hear about these upcoming events please contact Vanessa Weddell or call 020 7426 8880 to be added to the Internal Communications Group mailing list.