This networking group is for CharityComms members working as internal communications leads in UK charities and not-for-profits.
At this event, Terri Eaton, internal communications channels officer at Macmillan Cancer Support, shared what they’ve been doing to increase staff engagement with Yammer, and what’s been yamazing and not so yamazing so far.
Delegates then broke into groups to discuss the following questions:
- What do you see as the benefits and concerns with making use of online communities?
- What tools do you use to build online communities – social intranet, Yammer, Facebook, etc?
- How do you encourage use of them?
- What kinds of topics spark interest, and what kinds of groups have built strong communities?
- How do your senior leaders engage with your online communities?
- How much budget do you have allocated to these tools? And how can you manage these on a smaller budget?
If you’re interested in presenting at a future event or joining the steering group, please contact Vanessa Weddell.