BRAND NEW: This transformative, one-day introduction to leadership focuses on helping you start to grow your own leadership style, understand your true leadership potential, and how to bring it to life in a modern world.
This course has been developed following our successful leadership course for senior professionals. Born from the successful book, Hack Yourself, this unique course is delivered by the author and founder of Hack Yourself, Jack Lowman alongside experienced coach, Mark Harris.
Jack and Mark will use hacking mentality and techniques to help you understand and build your leadership capabilities to kick-start the new you at work.
Who is the training suitable for?
It is perfect for officers, executives and new managers looking to make a big impact at work through better leadership of people and projects.
The day is exclusively for CharityComms members at a charity or not-for-profit.
This course is now fully booked. If you’d like us to keep you in the loop with future courses or add you to the waiting list for this course, please email Sarah Cutress.
What will delegates learn?
The collaborative day will ensure you work towards:
- understanding great leadership, and the impact it can have
- being the best version of yourself, constantly
- having a better awareness of your strengths, purpose, vision and values
- having the confidence and desire to create the change needed to push yourself and your organisation forward
Outline for the day:
Running over one full day, the course takes you through a series of self-development ‘sprints’ that enable you to identify and understand your value and approach as a leader and create a practical plan of how to unlock your potential.
The days covers four areas:
Sprint 1: understanding your leadership
- Managing your time
- Your values, purpose and vision and how they impact your work and life
- You’ll be guided through self-analysis by a professional business coach, giving you access to expert advice
Sprint 2: communication
- How to communicate and apply yourself at work in a compelling way
- Hacking your bad habits
- Know what to ‘test and learn’ with leadership
- Your online presence and why it matters
Sprint 3: Collaboration
- Make plans to enable others to supercharge you
- Identify who you need in your network
Sprint 4: Ongoing hacking duties
- Learn simple techniques that will help you to continually improve your impact
About the trainers
Jack Lowman, founder and author of Hack Yourself
Jack is deputy director of marketing for the UK’s leading youth charity, The Prince’s Trust, and founder and author of the training company and book, Hack Yourself.
At The Prince’s Trust, Jack leads the marketing and digital department whose responsibilities are UK-wide and include brand management, advertising and digital communications. He is also a trustee for The Graeme Robertson Trust that helps young people into creative industries, and mentors for Google and the DMA.
Jack’s company, Hack Yourself, uses hacking mentality and techniques to help individuals and teams reach peak performance.
Mark Harris, director, The Marketing Centre
Mark has over twenty years’ experience as a commercial product and marketing director working with start-ups to reputable brands such as O2 and EDF Energy.
After experiencing the entrepreneurial energy of start-ups, he decided to establish his own coaching business where he could share his extensive skills with business owners and teams.
Mark’s coaching is based on what he actively practices for UK and International clients as a part-time marketing director at The Marketing Centre. He is also an executive coach for the Marketing Academy – how he met Jack – where he is lucky enough to coach the brightest young marketing talent in the country.
Mark works with business owners, leaders and teams to help them to reach their potential.