Making the most of social media
With new social networks popping up all the time, and trends and best practice in constant flux, it can be hard to keep up.
At this event, we were joined by social media expert Kirsty Marrins exploring how we can make the most of social media. We looked at:
- how to measure your impact to best inform your strategy
- what content works and what to think about for 2018
- how to control tone of voice and consistent messaging when multiple people are accessing the accounts
- how to manage internal expectations and demands
- how to get your staff using social media
- useful tools for managing your social channels
Here’s Kirsty’s presentation:
About the North West Networking Group
The North West Networking Group is a network of comms professionals working in UK charities and not-for-profit organisations in the North West of England.
Meeting three times a year in Manchester, each event focuses on a different comms topic with presentations, group discussions and networking. These events are a great opportunity to meet your peers, compare notes on workplace practices and share successes, ideas, challenges and inspiration. The group is designed to encourage networking and peer-to-peer support, sharing issues in a ‘safe’ and relaxed environment.
If you’re interested in presenting at a future event, please contact Vanessa Weddell.
If you’d like to be added to the North West Networking Group mailing list to hear about the upcoming events please contact Sarah Cutress.