The PR Network gives you the chance to meet your peers, compare notes on workplace practices and share successes, ideas, challenges and inspiration. The network is designed to encourage networking and peer to peer support, sharing issues in a ‘safe’ environment.
The group meets three times a year to focus on a common challenge. The format of the meetings is one or two presentations on a specific topic, followed by small group discussions, providing a combination of best practice and peer-to-peer sharing.
If you’re interested in sponsoring the PR Network, please contact Vanessa for further information about this opportunity.
PR Network: Reaching hard to reach audiences
CharityComms’ PR Network is a group for professionals working in PR and media in UK charities and not-for-profits.
PR Network – Developing a PR strategy
We all understand that having a PR strategy is important, but how do you go about developing one? In this session, we'll hear how charities both large and small have developed PR strategies.
PR Network – Practical tips on storytelling
Learn practical tips on storytelling, including best practice for doing it remotely.
PR Network: The new media landscape – how to navigate this new frontier?
Getting cut through with the public and in the press on non-Covid related issues is tough, even when the story is relevant. Hear how charities are navigating this new media landscape – what’s working well, what hasn’t worked so well, and where do the opportunities lie ahead?
PR Network steering group
If you’re looking for advice or suggestions of people to get in touch with, please feel free to email the members of the group – they’re happy to hear from charity PR and media professionals:
- Klare Kennett, assistant director external affairs – marketing and communications, RSPCA
- Catherine Murray, PR and communications manager, Target Ovarian Cancer
- Claire Rushforth, head of external communications and engagement, Barnardo’s
- Laura Mitchell, senior communications and marketing executive, St Catherine’s Hospice
- Jenna Mahoney, head of PR, MS Society
- Emma Byford, external communications manager, Midlands Macmillan Cancer Support
- Laura Walter and Ashley Fryer, senior media & PR manager, Macmillan Cancer Support
If you’re interested in joining the steering group please email Vanessa to find out more.
To be added to the PR Network mailing list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.