When you are putting your application together for the Peer Support Scheme, please include the following.
Number of years working in communications
- Please give us a brief description of your current job role
- Number of years in your current role
- Please give us a brief description of any previous job roles
- Please include a brief description of the purpose of the organisation you work for at the moment
- What is your location? Are you happy to travel to meet with a mentor/ one-off chat? Please specify.
Please give one objective that you’d like to achieve from being matched with someone on the CharityComms peer support scheme.
- New role / step-up: Recently moved into a new or more senior role, would like someone neutral who has experienced a similar transition to talk to while finding my feet
- Working on stepping up to the next level: Aiming to move up to a more senior role – would like to brainstorm ideas with a mentor about what to be doing to move in this direction
- Specific comms challenge: Help with a specific comms challenge. Eg how to deal with a re-brand / writing a comms strategy / getting to grips with social media/ advice on a PR project etc.
- Support with management / leadership: Learn / share ideas / get inspiration about managing / leading a charity communications team
- Career inspiration: A one-off chat to find out more about a particular charity comms role / what it’s like working for a specific kind of charity / ideas for future career moves.
Which peer support option are you interested in?
Please select which peer support option you think would be best for you.
- Mentor (a senior comms professional who can share their experience in communications; someone to bounce ideas around with over the course of several meetings)
- One-off meeting (for example a coffee with a comms professional to talk about a particular comms issue or questions about a certain kind of job role or type of organisation you’re interested in)
If you’re interested in having a mentor, please give us an idea of who your ideal mentor would be:
Ideally, my mentor would be a:
- Head of department
- Senior officer
- I don’t mind
My mentor’s job title would be something along the lines of…(please specify)
Do you have a preference for what size organisation your mentor would be from?
- Large charity (turnover more than £10m+)
- Medium charity (turnover £1 – 10m)
- Small charity (turnover less than £1m)
- Corporate sector
- I don’t mind
Are there any organisations that you’re particularly interested in? Please specify names and types of organisations.
If you think a one-off meeting would suit you best, tell us a bit more about who you’d ideally like to meet:
- I’d like to meet someone whose job title is along the lines of…(please specify)
- Are there any organisations that you are particularly interested in? Please specify names and types of organisations
- Is there anything else we should know?