Application form: peer support scheme
We are in transition over the summer period and from 28 May, our Peer Support Scheme will not be accepting new applications until September 2018. If you have already applied, we will continue to work to offer you a high-quality match with a suitable mentor who matches your objective.
We look forward to continuing to provide the high standard of service members have come to expect from us when we reopen applications.
If you have any questions about the Scheme or any applications you might have already made, please contact Sarah Bracken, our mentoring manager, who will be happy to help.
When you are putting your application together for the Peer Support Scheme, please include the following.
Number of years working in communications
- Please give us a brief description of your current job role
- Number of years in your current role
- Please give us a brief description of any previous job roles
- Please include a brief description of the purpose of the organisation you work for at the moment
- What is your location (eg Central London)? Are you happy to travel to meet with a mentor / coach / for a one-off chat? Please specify.
- Please give one objective that you’d like to achieve from being matched with someone on the CharityComms peer support scheme.
(Eg do you have a particular comms challenge you’d like help with / would you like someone to talk to about a challenging situation at work? / Have you recently moved into a new role and you’d like someone to talk to about it? / Are you interested in finding out about a different role within communications?)
Which peer support option are you interested in?
Please select which peer support option you think would be best for you.
- Mentor (a senior comms professional who can share their experience in communications; someone to bounce ideas around with over the course of several meetings)
- One-off meeting (for example a coffee with a comms professional to talk about a particular comms issue or questions about a certain kind of job role or type of organisation you’re interested in)
- Coach (a professionally trained coach who will focus in on you as a person, exploring how you think, feel and act in situations that are important to you, helping you to experiment with change and discover solutions that work for you)
If you’re interested in having a mentor, please give us an idea of who your ideal mentor would be:
Ideally, my mentor would be a:
- Head of department
- Senior officer
- I don’t mind
My mentor’s job title would be something along the lines of…(please specify)
Do you have a preference for what size organisation your mentor would be from?
- Large charity (turnover more than £10m+)
- Medium charity (turnover £1 – 10m)
- Small charity (turnover less than £1m)
- Corporate sector
- I don’t mind
Are there any organisations that you’re particularly interested in? Please specify names and types of organisations.
If you think a one-off meeting would suit you best, tell us a bit more about who you’d ideally like to meet:
- I’d like to meet someone whose job title is along the lines of…(please specify)
- Are there any organisations that you are particularly interested in? Please specify names and types of organisations
- Is there anything else we should know?