We’re delighted to have you on board as a speaker! We’ve pulled together this short speaker guide to help you prepare your presentation for our audience.
Why speak at one of our events?
- Raise your profile within the charity sector
- Showcase you and your team’s amazing work
- Associate your team and personal brand with comms best practice
How we’ll support you
We’re a small and friendly Events Team, and we’re here to help you shine in front of our audience. We’ll support you every step of the way:
- We’ll give you a full briefing ahead of the event to help you prepare your presentation.
- If you’re speaking at one of our conferences or seminars, we’ll support you with best practice on how to film a back-up presentation.
- We’ll work with you to make sure that your slides and presentation are as accessible and inclusive as possible.
- We’ll remind you of key deadlines.
- If you’re speaking at one of our conferences, we’ll prepare social media cards that you can use to promote your involvement with the event.
On the day
- You’ll be invited to a short screentest just before the event. This is so we can check your mic, video, lighting and screen sharing if you’re using slides. You can also ask any last minute questions that you might have.
- Our home team will keep an eye out in the chat for questions and comments from the audience and share these with our moderator/host. This frees you up to completely focus on delivering your presentation.
We’ll share some feedback from the event so you can bask in the warm glow of a job well done! Who doesn’t love getting great feedback?
- We’ll let you know when the event you spoke at becomes available on demand.
If you have any questions along the way, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
Accessibility and Inclusion Guidance
We aim to make our events as accessible and inclusive as possible, and we’re bringing all of our speakers on this journey with us.
You’ll be asked to follow best practice accessibility and inclusivity guidance, and we’ve prepared a short video to help guide you in these areas.
You can read the best practice accessibility and inclusivity guidance by clicking here.
- New to Zoom and need instructions to pre-film your presentation for a conference or seminar? You’ll find the Zoom instructions by clicking here.
- We’ve compiled these top tips to help you create a presentation that will engage your audience. You can read the document by clicking here.