Here in our CharityComms basement we’re always looking out for ways to help charity communicators avoid reinventing wheels. Why waste time and resources starting something from scratch when you could tap into someone else’s knowledge or collateral?
Our latest idea, brought to us by Kim Hill from Hope Street Media, is to develop a document sharing hub. This is a place where you can access and download template documents, policies or guidelines – for example a design brief, social media policy, case study guidelines etc – which you can then tailor to fit your own organisation’s needs. These document templates will be collated from examples across the charity sector, in the same way we compile our generic job descriptions.
How does it work?
- We’ll collect example documents from across the sector: documents that you’ll kindly share with us (see below for how to get sharing)
- We’ll create generic master documents by combining these examples, stripping out anything that identifies individual charities
- We’ll upload these onto an area on the CharityComms website where you can search for a document you need, download our template and tweak it so it fits your own requirements
- We’ll review and refresh the documents on a regular basis to keep the site updated.
What can you do?
Below is a starter for 10 of documents we think you’ll find useful. If you have any examples of these you’d be willing to share, please send them to email@example.com by Friday 14 October. Remember, we’ll strip out anything that identifies your charity to create a generic template.
If you have any other suggestions for documents you think would be good to feature on the site, drop Duncan an email with your ideas.
Can you share any of these documents?
- Design brief
- Case study guidelines and consent forms
- Video/photo release forms
- Internal briefing docs
- Out of hours media policy
- Comms service level agreement
- Social media policy
- Communications planner template
- Media spokespeople briefing checklist
Please email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your help!