CharityComms Guide to Social Media for Charities
Thousands of charities in the UK are aware of social media, but aren’t sure what it can do for them. Even more are engaging with their audiences on social networks, but want to know how to develop and optimise their activities.
CharityComms has put together a two part Guide to Social Media for Charities. Part One is aimed at those just getting started, with Part Two written for charities who are actively using social media and want practical advice on taking their comms to the next level of success. View the Guide.
Check out our Knowledge Hub for some great pieces about digital media.
What's in the Guide?
Part One includes:
- What are social networking sites?
- What do the social networking sites do?
- Do I have to do all this?
- Know your audiences and how to reach them
- Plan your content
- Choose an avatar
- Using Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Making, uploading and embedding video
- Getting started: dos and don’ts
Download the Guide to Social Media for Charities: Part One
Part Two includes:
- Social media campaigns
- Can you raise money with social media?
- Finding your influencers
- Converting online conversations into offline action
- Becoming an expert in your area
- Should I have multiple accounts?
- Integrating social media with your other communications
- Promoting your social media feeds
- Crisis planning
- Measuring success
- Top tips summary
Download the Guide to Social Media for Charities: Part Two