Changing hearts and minds: social science insights for communicators
Corporate Partners £231 +VAT
Small charity non-members £206 +VAT
Medium charity non-members £256 +VAT
Large charity non-members £291 +VAT
Super large charity non-members £321 +VAT
Corporate and public sector non-members £410+VAT
etc venues Prospero House
241 Borough High Street
As charity professionals, changing hearts and minds is a central part of what we do. From encouraging people to think differently about causes to inspiring them to take better care of each other and their environments.
This year’s conference will once again explore how charities can leverage insights from the social sciences to improve lives and help solve some of society’s greatest challenges.
From behavioural economics and psychology to digital anthropology and evolutionary biology – our speakers will come from a range of sectors to share the latest thinking, theories and tools to improve your campaigns, marketing and communications.
In response to your feedback, this year’s event will host longer, more practical masterclasses, giving you the chance to understand theory and apply it to your own work. Topics we’ll be covering include:
- What are narratives? Why do they matter? How can we change them?
- The unconscious mind – how it drives behaviour and shapes choices
- The science of creating lasting change
- Putting the ‘strategic’ in ‘strategic communications’ – what science tells us about the power of comms
- Changing the stories that shape us: influencing popular culture
- Polarisation and what it means for communicators
- Psychological biases and how they influence behaviour
- Behavioural Economics and Nudge theory applied
- The psychology of decision-making
- The change campaigns that have been successful and why
Who is this event for?
Charity marketing, campaigns and communications professionals or anyone looking to use insights from the social sciences in their work to engage people and create change.
Calling all charity speakers!
Interested in sharing the great work your charity is doing? Please email Emma with your 100-word pitch outlining what your session would cover and why you think it would be useful (charities only please).
Are you an agency interested in presenting?
We have a handful of speaking slot and stand packages available which include a breakout session speaking slot, along with lots of other benefits. If you’re interested in exhibiting but don’t fancy presenting, we also have stand packages on offer. Please get in touch with Vanessa for more information.