Internal Communications Training Day
Our internal communications training day is back by popular demand. So, if you didn’t make it along last time then please book your place now as there are only 12 spaces!
Build your internal communications skills with this customised one-day training session for charity professionals.
Based on HSBC's global training programme, this highly interactive workshop – which has been tailored for the charity sector – will focus on sharing practical tips, techniques and skills that participants can apply immediately in their workplace.
Who should attend?
This intensive session is aimed at those with less than five years' experience in their post. It will focus on the fundamentals of internal communication delivery.
By the end of the day participants will be able to:
● Understand organisational goals
● Identify key stakeholders and understand their needs
● Develop key messages
● Write with impact
● Select the most appropriate channel for the audience and message
● Build dialogue into meetings
● Brief senior people
● Develop effective communication plans
● Project manage
● Identify the right measures
● Undertake measurement activities
What delegates said about the last event:
“Useful, relevant, insightful tips on how to develop an incredibly efficient/super internal comms function.”
“I would recommend it, very informative, collaborative – great to share stories/tips/ideas with other internal comms professionals.”
“It was excellent – I realised we're doing some things right, but are way behind in where we should be.”
About the trainer:
Jennifer Powell has over 15 years experience as an internal communications strategist and facilitator. Her experience spans FTSE 100 companies, the public and not for profit sectors. She has recently undertaken culture and communications projects in global Banks and designed and facilitated joint workshops with a London Borough’s Social Services and the Metropolitan Police. Jennifer was previously a Principal (partner) at Towers Perrin, the global management consultancy and worked in their UK change and communication practice for 10 years. In addition, Jennifer has held a number of unpaid Board appointments and Charity trusteeships including at the Prince’s Trust, and is currently Vice Chair for a South London College which is the fourth largest Further Education College in the UK. Jennifer has delivered Building World Class training for HSBC in London and India.
HSBC has enabled CharityComms to offer its members this fantastic opportunity to experience the bank’s worldwide internal communications training programme. HSBC has been running the programme since the beginning of 2010 with the aim of building a world class community of communication professionals across the bank.
Booking terms and conditions
1. By booking through our online system, you’re registering yourself, or others within your organisation, as paying delegates.
2. CharityComms membership discounts can only be applied if delegates are members at the time of booking.
3. If you’re unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome. Due to the small number of places on this event we’re unable to offer refunds on cancelled places.
4. Individual members of CharityComms may only use discounted places for themselves.
5. It may be necessary for reasons beyond our control to alter the content, speakers or timings of the events.
6. CharityComms will not accept liability for transport disruption or individual transport disruption.