Stepping into Comms Leadership Autumn 2020
Cost: £450+vat for all three sessions
Dates: Mon 28 Sep, Thurs 15 Oct, Tues 8 Dec
Roots and Shoots
Walnut Tree Walk
A set of three workshops supporting senior comms professionals through the transition from senior management to leadership. These events will run on:
- Monday, 28 September
- Thursday, 15 October
- Tuesday, 8 December
Becoming a visionary leader requires embodying a new set of skills. These workshops will support and inspire senior comms professionals looking to move from senior management to leadership (for example from head of department to director level – and beyond).
As a delegate you will:
- Hear the experiences of other senior leaders in the sector who have made the transition
- Create an ongoing supportive network of peers from other charities
- Gain tools and strategies for success
- Improve your confidence in your ability to lead
“I think many of us would admit that we don’t always find the time to reflect on our own leadership and areas for growth as its easy to get so caught up in the day-to-day. These workshops made me realise just how important it is – but also gave me the framework and space to do this. It was really useful to hear from, and question, the CEOs who spoke candidly and offered up some real nuggets of advice. Equally, the opportunity to talk things through with my peers in the sector was hugely valuable. Would really recommend.”
special projects lead – policy, campaigns and partnerships, Alzheimer’s Society
Who the workshops are for:
- These workshops are exclusive for organisational members of CharityComms
- This is an application only event for heads of department/assistant directors (or equivalent level) working in charities with a turnover of more than £2 million
- The cost is £450+vat. The fee covers all three sessions, including lunch and the workshop (workshops cannot be booked as independent sessions)
- There are 4 of 14 places available.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Vanessa.
What to expect from the sessions
The sessions are designed as a set of three and will run over a period of three months. Delegates attend all three sessions, get to know the group, and have the opportunity to reflect back with each other and the facilitator about experiences and learnings you have in the time period between sessions.
Each session will focus on an aspect of leadership transition – a key developmental theme which surfaces when one moves from a managerial role into leadership role (outlined below). In each session:
- 9.30 – 10.00: network and get to know different members of the group
- 10.00 – 10.30: a CEO from the charity sector (who has moved up from a comms position) will tell us their personal story of how they tackled the session’s theme in the development of their career as a leader
- 10.30 – 11.00: Q&A session with the speaker
- 11.00 – 11.10: Quick comfort break
- 11.10 – 12.10: facilitated discussion led by Griff Griffiths from Cocomotion. We will explore your reaction to the CEO talk, how different themes relate to your situation, what it means for you in terms of your own development needs and identify new ideas and action for you to take away
- 12.10 – 13.00: sit-down lunch and informal networking
- 13.00: session ends