The innovation mindset
To survive in a world of ever-increasing change, organisations must ensure they are equipped with the capabilities and the culture to innovate for the future.
As a sector, we have a moral imperative to be as effective as we can be. To exceed all expectations. To work harder and smarter than any other sector. Because people are entrusting billions of pounds to us to do good.
To be as good as we can means we need to constantly review and learn and change. Society never stands still, and neither should charities. But there needs to be a cultural shift in the way charities think so they begin to understand, embrace and then demand that their workforce is as innovative and creative as a Californian tech start-up looking for a pink unicorn.
- Guide: The innovation report by Alexander Scott, brand and content consultant
- Article: It’s time to talk innovation by Jonah Sachs, author, public speaker, co-founder, Free Range Studios and Christine Fleming, senior digital officer, CharityComms
- Article: How to nurture a culture of innovation within your organisation by Henry Rowling, founder, Flying Cars
- Article: Hack to the future: inspiring digital innovation at Macmillan by Aderonke Olutunmogun, digital content editor, Macmillan Cancer Support
- Article: Charities have a key role to play in the direction of digital innovation by Molly Clarke, digital assistant, CharityComms
Video recording: CharityComms members can watch all of the presentations via YouTube. To get the link, please email Sarah Cutress.
Between evolution and revolution – using innovation to change the world – Alexander Scott, brand and content consultant
Vegan sausage rolls, spy cops and monkeys: how to apply innovation techniques to communications and marketing – Henry Rowling, founder, Flying Cars
Reinventing charity: making innovation part of everything you do – Hannah Bellamy, managing director, charity: water UK
Implementing innovation without breaking the budget – Hannah Blowfield, innovation manager, Prostate Cancer UK
Unleash your inner creative – what drives and stifles a creative culture – Aruna Safri-Singh, founder and client director, Narrative
Tweets from the day