Signing up and renewing membership
What types of membership do you offer?
- Organisational membership – for a charity or nonprofit’s whole comms team (no limit to the number of people you can sign up). Starting at £110 (based on income).
- Individual membership – for individual freelancers, sole traders or professionals working solo / as part of a small charity comms team. £92 annually.
- Corporate partnership – for suppliers to the charity sector to promote your services and associate your brand with best practice. Rates start at £368.
Not sure if your charity / nonprofit is already a member?
Check our list of current members. If your charity is already an organisational member and you’d like to be added to their subscription, just email Sarah Clarke with your name and job title. Don’t forget to let us know which special interest group networks you would like to join!
How do I sign up?
What payment options are there?
When you’re signing up online, you can either pay us directly by credit /debit card or you can opt for an invoice and pay us by BACs or cheque.
How do I renew my membership?
You’ll be sent renewal notifications when your membership is two months away from your lapse date with a link to follow to an online renewal form. You can renew at any point before your membership is due to lapse. Alternatively you can renew online here via our online form or contact us directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can process it for you.
Membership logins and using membership benefits
How do I get my membership discount when booking onto events?
All our event bookings are done via an online booking form on our website. We identify you as a member of CharityComms via your email address. To start an event booking you need to enter your email address and our system will recognise you as a member and automatically apply your membership discount to the booking. We need to have your details on our database in order for us to recognise you – if we don’t, please contact Lauren who’ll add you: email@example.com.
How do I sign up for the Mentoring scheme?
Do I have a membership login? Is there a membership log-in area on the website?
Our members do not need a log-in to access membership benefits and we don’t have a dedicated membership area on our website.
Event types and membership discounts
What kind of events do you have?
We put on lots of different events throughout the year covering a whole range of comms topics. You can see our full event calendar here. And you can read about all the different types of events we run here.
What discounts do members get on events?
- Many of our online seminars are free for members.
- All special interest groups (PR Network, Creatives Group, Internal Comms Group, Brand Breakfast, Heads of Digital, Campaign Network, Social Media Network) are free (and exclusive) for members.
- Members get free access to our Scotland and Wales networking events.
- Conferences are also discounted for members.
Membership eNews and other mailing lists
Fortnightly membership eNews
We send out a fortnightly membership email newsletter with the latest news from CharityComms, the sector and membership benefits. To join the mailing list or check that you’re already signed up please contact Lauren on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special interest group mailing lists
We have dedicated mailing lists for our special interest groups: PR Network, Creatives Group, Internal Comms Group, Brand Breakfast, Campaign Network, Heads of Digital and Social Media Network. When an event opens, we send invitations out directly to these groups first. To join the mailing list or check that you’re already signed up please contact Lauren on email@example.com.
UK-wide mailing lists
Making the most of your membership and our network
- There is an up-to-date list of membership benefits online here
- Our fortnightly eNews will keep you in the loop with our latest news. Make sure you’re also on any special interest group mailing lists that are relevant to you
- Keep up-to-date with our calendar of events. Put dates in your diary and book onto events ASAP to avoid disappointment: they book up quickly
- Get in touch if you’re interested in speaking at one of our events
- Enjoy articles on all aspects of charity communications
- Have a look at our Best Practice Guides and reports – covering lots of different comms topics
- Sign up to Ask Charity – the free online service which connects charities with the media
- If you’re interested in writing an article for us, contact Christine with your ideas: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out our supplier and freelance directories
- Access mentoring and other peer support (for organisational members)
- Join the CharityComms Digital Benchmark
- See or post job ads – we advertise comms jobs online and via our Twitter feed
- Contact us any time if you have any questions