Campaign Network events
The Campaign Network is a joint initiative from CharityComms and the Social Change Agency looking to address a gap for campaign leads in UK charities for strategic development, campaign sector development and professional development.
The Network will provide an opportunity for campaign peers to meet to discuss important issues at a strategic level, in order to raise the standard around campaigning. It will provide an engaging and trusted environment for learning and sharing.
• To create a peer group built on trust and respect
• To facilitate informed discussion at a strategic level
• To promote shared knowledge, understanding and learning
• To encourage attendees to strive for excellence – how can we do it better?
• To identify and discuss the ‘how to’s eg How to translate internal effort into external impact
• To base the programme design on informed understanding of the challenges faced by the attendees, whereby subsequent events are informed by the event/discussion that went before them alongside input from an advisory board (see below).
Who can attend?
This is a new networking group exclusively for heads of campaigns working in UK charities and not-for-profits with a turnover of more than £2 million.
Attending the Campaign Network events is free and exclusive to CharityComms organisational members.
These events are for campaign leads only as we will be discussing strategic issues.
About the events
The group will meet three times a year to discuss strategic issues facing campaigners at large charities. The format of the afternoon is a round-table discussion, led by our excellent facilitators, feeding into the group as a whole.
Campaign Network steering group
• Antonia Bance, head of campaigns and communications, TUC
• Esther Foreman, chief executive, The Social Change Agency
• Paul Donnelly, head of campaigns, Shelter
• Rossanna Trudgian, head of campaigns, Action for Children
• Victoria Langer, deputy campaigns director, Save the Children
If you're interested in sponsoring this network or joining the steering group, please contact Harriet Smith to find out more.
To be added to the Campaign Network mailing list, please contact Harriet Smith or call 020 7426 8877.