Job ad: Events and membership assistant
About the role
We’re looking to recruit a highly organised, proactive and enthusiastic events and membership assistant to join the busy CharityComms team. The assistant will support us with our packed events calendar of over 60 events per year and our growing network of 8,000 individuals from over 500 charities.
The key responsibilities of this role will include…
- Day-to-day events and membership admin such as responding to email/phone queries, assisting delegates with bookings and new membership sign-ups and renewals
- Preparing event materials and assisting the events team with any additional event requirements
- Event logistics support for adhoc meetings and small events
- Attend and assist with the events
- Produce weekly reports for the team about membership stats
- Assist with membership marketing and communications
- Provide website support
- Database admin and assist in the development of our Salesforce CRM system
- Manage and update the jobs board
- Provide admin support for best practice guides
- Create and maintain an effective and logical image library
- Provide general admin support to the CharityComms team such as booking meeting rooms and ordering stationary
This role would suit someone who has:
- experience in an administrative role and of using Microsoft Office programmes
- excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work in a busy events environment
- great communications skills and attention to detail
- a positive attitude and ‘can-do’ approach
- empathy with CharityComms’ goals and is keen to join a proactive, results orientated and collaborative culture
- experience of using a CRM database, preferably Salesforce and experience of working in a professional membership organisation or charity/not-for-profit – these aren’t essential but if you do have experience, it’s a bonus!
- Hours per week:35 hours. Usually between 9:30 – 5:30. One hour for lunch. Occasional evening and early morning work
- Annual leave: 25 days holiday pro-rata, plus statutory bank holidays
- Location: 2-6 Tenter Ground, Spitalfields, London, E1 7NH. Unfortunately, our office building is not wheelchair accessible.
- Reporting to: Events manager
Please see the job description and info pack for more information.
CharityComms is a thriving membership network of communications professionals working in UK charities. Our vision is for effective and inspiring communications to be at the heart of every charity’s work for a better world. Our varied and constantly-evolving programme of activities is aimed at raising the standards of communications across the sector and connecting communications professionals through sharing best practice.
How to apply
To apply please send:
- a covering letter (no longer than two sides) providing evidence of meeting the person specification criteria outlined in the attached job description and info pack
- your CV
Closing date for applications for this role is 9am, Tuesday 23 April 2019
The interviews for this role will take place on Monday 29 April 2019
At CharityComms we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will ensure our network benefits from our varied skills and expertise.